Prices include VAT & Delivery
Hinged loft hatch: Slim, contemporary frame with flat lid. Frame is fitted with compression seals to prevent draughts between the frame and the lid. When closed the lid is compressed against draught seals. Easy to open and close with simple turn of the catch. Made from white injection moulded plastic, requires no decorating or maintenance.
This loft hatch has a choice of three insulation options so you can tailor your hatch to suit your budget. insulation requirements. the thermal efficiency of insulation is represented by its U Value, the lower the number the more effective the insulation.
PD35 – U Value 0.35 (Complies with Part L of Building Regulations)
PD25 – U Value 0.25 (exceeds Part L of Building Regulations by 20%)
PD15 – U Value 0.15 (exceeds Part L of Building Regulations by 80%)
Part L of Building Regulations, please note, the current building regulations for new build properties require hatches to have a U Value of 0.35. You are under no obligation to match this, however a well insulated loft hatch can help reduce your heating requirements and reduce your heating bills and Carbon emissions.
Compatibility with loft ladders:
This range of loft hatches are compatible with our entire loft ladder range. Please note due to the increased insulation depth of the PD15 if you want to use this hatch with a loft ladder the PD15, a distance of at least 250mm deep joists/timber plant combination will be required, if less than you will have to raise the ladder fixing point, with a timber plant.
NHBC compliant for a loft hatch, to a minimum of 520mm clear opening in any direction.
UKAS accredited air infiltration test, compliant for loft hatches without addition of extra sealant to the external frame. In addition: The loft hatch insulation is CFC & HCFC free, ODP zero and compliant to “The Code For Sustainable Homes” standards of a GWP (global warming potential) rating of less than 5 (standing at zero).
- Lid hinged on short side of frame, to open twist the catch and open lid downwards
- Fitted with draught seals
- The hatch has pre-formed screw holes in the frame. Easy to DIY fit.
- Choose between budget 100mm insulation for the PD35, Carbon Coated EPS for the PD25, or 150mm EPS insulation for the PD15. All in excess of Part “L” compliancy
- Fits a minimum structural opening of 760 x 560mm (Can be fitted up to 765 x 565mm)
- Clear opening when installed (PD35 & PD25 630 x 533mm, PD15 580 x 533mm)
- Overall frame size 828 x 628mm
- Choose of thumb turn or key lock
- There is a visible extrusion point on the lid, (see gallery image)
- Maintenance free
- Guaranteed not to discolour
- Optional Hatch key to operate this trap door
- Optional Operating pole